It’s 2022 at its peak, and a lot is changing in the world of smart homes. From new devices to new smart home technology standards – there is much information about the ways to improve your house with gadgets. According to the Digital Market Outlook, the number of Smart Homes in the global market is expected to be 478,2 million in 2025. That’s why smart home development is in demand because they are mostly application-based.
Types of Smart Home Platforms
Before you choose smart home developers to hire, you need to decide on a smart home platform or get expert consultation. This advice makes sense in 2022, where the variety of apps astonishes. So, there are 4 main platforms for home automation development:
Each of them helps you set up, control, and automate a user’s future smart home, and the devices are often linked to a smart assistant too. However, if you’re a more technical company or want to offer your clients expanded capabilities, you can go beyond what these platforms allow and select third-party ones like Homey, HomeBridge, etc.
Smart Home Current Features and Future Perspectives
After you’ve chosen a platform, here are smart home app features you should consider before you start an actual app:
- Clear Authentication: password, Face/Touch ID, etc., are integral components of any app connected to a specific place like someone’s home. Also, think about how they will firstly connect, change the password, or confirm the account. Safety above all!
- Quick Access: every app has distinct functionality, but each requires turn on/off and connect/disconnect buttons. Think about your specific app and functionality that users would mostly prefer to be located on the Home Screen for quick access.
- App’s Main Screen: general information about your device should be accessible from the Home Screen. It includes battery charge percentage, functioning status, signal power, etc.
- Well-Structured Onboarding Guide: your app might be a typical one or present some innovative functionality. In both cases, you never know who installs it, so make sure your smart home developers design a step-by-step instruction that represents your brand and/or proposes a custom “guide animal”.
- Customizable Push Notifications: they include both security alerts and completed washing message. A user should be able to customize their sound, view, and urgency.
We move to robots, advanced cybersecurity, and AI-powered assistants to discuss future perspectives of smart home development. Here are some predictions for the future trends:
- Health sensors;
- Robotic kitchen arm;
- Light-up walls;
- Smart shower;
- Rollable televisions;
- Shape-shifting furniture;
- Tech-free room.
Current smart home technology progresses as other technologies do, so we should definitely expect some breakthroughs like drones or 3D-metal printing. We could not imagine these inventions a couple of years before, but they have reshaped our lives for the better, and smart home innovations will do so.
How to Develop a Smart Home App?
The best way to develop a successful and competitive app is to hire a skillful team that knows all the ins and outs of such apps due to their vast experience. It is not a website you can construct using website makers. It is an extensive system that should be able to connect everything inside it and cause no bags in the future smart home. If you want your users to enjoy your idea truly, collaborate with experienced developers.
6 Home Automation Ideas for Your Future Smart Home App
People like motivational wake-ups, so you can develop an app that sets up light to get taller and go from warm to cool white to imitate a sunrise in the bedroom. It can also be a progress bar for morning exercises. Or the app can control light strips throughout the house.
Fresh Air Automation
If they open a window, the sensor tells the thermostat not to run while the window is open. The ceiling fan can be connected to and start working automatically for airflow in their future smart home.
NFC Tag Automation
People who work remotely organize their home offices and would appreciate it if one button turns the light on, reads the calendar aloud and displays the to-do list on the already switched-on monitor.
Many people leave cameras throughout the house to control their dogs or cats. For example, if the dog gets naughty, smart home technology detects it with a camera and automatically plays a pre-recorded message with a specific command to calm them down.
Light Switch Alert
If the person has a car and garage, they would appreciate the LED on their light switch to see that the garage door is still open. A user can see it right while entering the house without checking for the notification.
Doorbell TV Pause
You can create an app that connects TV to the doorbell, and the movie pauses automatically when someone rings the bell. Additionally, you can also add an option of quick response with a pre-recorded door message.
The future scope of smart home automation shows that more people will use it. As it happens to all new technologies – people resist, but, finally, almost everyone starts using it when understanding the value. It is a prospective niche you should kick in if you have a breakthrough smart home or app design idea. You never know who will launch the next Alexa or Honeywell, so do not miss the opportunity to bring your idea to life before your competitors do so.
If creating such an app looks like a challenge, and you don’t know which side to start with, make sure you contact us to get a skilled and dedicated team for your project.