Smart Tek Solutions&Services is a First Tek company, a leading IT service provider that serves Fortune 500 companies in the US. Our goal is to become a leading employer in Lviv and Ukraine and now we are looking for a Back-end Engineer (Python) to join our team.
- B.Sc in computer science or a related field
- At least 7 years of experience building distributed large-scale SaaS systems.
- At least 5 years of design and implementation of SaaS Kubernetes applications built out of microservices.
- Expert in Python, especially as a backend language (clean code, frameworks, API design, etc.)
- Experience with different types of data storage (SQL, NoSQL, search engines, big data tools, object stores). PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch – must.
- Fast learner with ability to deep dive into details of cutting-edge technologies and deliver solutions.
- Experience with user-defined workflows (e.g., Airflow) – big advantage.
- Experience with ML productization (PyTorch, Tensorflow, LightGBM) - big advantage.
- Experience with modern CI/CD and GitOps methodologies.
- Fluent English
- Own, design, and develop Wand AI backend: be responsible for Kubernetes application design and implementation of major features and services.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end feature/service lifecycle: starting from design and architecture, through implementing, testing, and releasing the feature.
- Design and evolve software managing in-environment service discovery and configuration of microservices.
- Mentor, perform code reviews, evaluate implementations and provide feedback about potential tool improvements.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Designers and other Software Engineers
Why Smart Tek:
- Variety of domains
- Full stack of technologies
- Professional and highly interactive team environment
- Management style based on openness and trust
- Stable support in personal education and growth
- Worthy compensation
- Active community with regular knowledge sharing
- Flexible work conditions
- Huge office with extra space for work & leisure
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off